Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Ok so here is the story of how my precious girl arrived. On friday I was 12 days over due, my doctor decided that we had to get something going so i went into the hospital and they did some "digging" decided that I was 2cm still ( I had been since monday) so there wasnt any promise of me going on my own any time soon. They slapped some of that gel in there that is supposed to get stuff going... and BOY DID IT EVER. I pretty much started having contraction on the drive home. ... they got more and more intense as the afternoon went on and by 1 oclock my contractions were like 3 minutes apart. we went back to the hospital and they checked again... still only 2 cm.... i got sent walking for 2 hours.... still only 2cm but the contractions were getting worse and worse. Anyway by like 5 i still hadnt made any progress so I got a little shot of somethin somethin which REALLY helped me to rest and relax and an hour later i was 6 cm and they broke my water. After a LONG night they turned off the epidural so i could feel to start pushing. and MAN i felt it ! Long story short my little girl came out March first around 8 am... labour was ok with the drugs i just rested and chilled out the whole time. delivery was the worst pain imaginable but SSOOOOOO worth it when they handed me my little girl.

Our stay in the hospital was OK, we were definetly ready to come home though on Monday. I almost died when they said we would have to stay longer (they thought she had jaundice, but it turned out not to be) I love love love being home with her, i cant stop looking at her, I am so in love I cant believe that I ever lived with out her! Davis and I couldnt be happier if we tried!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and love! Cant wait for her to meet people! We are up to visitors anytime! Love all of you!

(I would put up pictures but I am not on my own computer right now... next one though)

5 comments:

Jessica Petersen said...

Yaaaay, congratulations!!! JJ called me to tell me the good news! She said you pushed for 2 hours???? That's how long I had to push with Elle and wow, it get's exhausting doesn't it? I can't wait to see tons and tons of pictures! I need to check facebook.

The Bing's said...

I wish I had more access to our car because I would be over right away to hold her again. She is soooo adorable and I'm so glad Julia and I were able to come down to meet her!!!!! Hopefully though I'll get to come visit again soon!! Congratulations MOMMY!!!!!!! love you lots!!! Can't wait to watch Kailey grow...so keep the pictures coming!!!

Julia said...

oh man, see i was dying to hear your story, but since your room was full, i imagined i'd have to hear it another time. i am sorry the whole process took so long, but happy that you ended up with a happy healthy baby!
josh and i will be by to visit sometime soon :)

The Super Seven said...

Sorry to hear that it took so long......with Jessica my contractions started out 3 minutes apart.....water broke.....got the epidural and 14 hours later.....1 1/2 hours of pushing I had her.....they didn't shut my epidural off though so delivery was pain free.....can't believe they did that.....trust me you know when you have to push. She is a beauty and I'm sure you are having a blast with her!!! Little girls are soooooo much fun!!!!

Channynba said...

Congrats!!! She is so cute, and I am glad that all is well.