Friday, March 14, 2008

2 weeks of Mother-hood



Wow wow wow wow wow what a crazy 2 weeks it has been!

I have never been so happy / tired / excited / nervous / frustrated / peaceful / tired / exhausted / did I allready say tired?

We have been blessed with such a gorgeous baby, for the most part she is very co-operative ... except the last 2 days she has been a serious handful .... crying ALOT, she wont eat for very long and wont sleep for very long ... Dont know if there is something wrong or not, but hopefully she will get better. We are hoping that she is just adjusting and getting used to everything. (fingers crossed for no colic)


Mother-hood has been a serious roller coaster so far and I am sure it is going to stay that way for .... the rest of my life ... what a thought eh? As dreadful as that thought is, I am very excited for this adventure, I feel so blessed with what I have been given so far and I really couldnt ask for much more .... except a nap ... can i have that ? please? ;)

5 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

OH friend...she's probably just going through a growth spurt. They get all weird during those. As for colic...I always thought Isaiah was colicy but turns out he was just overtired. So if she's not napping well it kinda sends them into a bit of a downward spiral (I went through an off week with Isaiah not sleeping and just got him back) and makes them overtired which makes it even harder for them to sleep. Long story short...she'll get better. What I have to do sometimes to make sure he's sleeping enough is to hold him or have a nap with him. That way you get some sleep too. I feel your pain. It gets better though! Call me anytime friend!

The Bing's said...

Ohhh you are too cute and I'm glad to hear that things are going pretty well other then the past two days and the tiredness. I hope that cutie pie Kailey gets all settled in and it won't be colic. You guys are looking great...you don't even look like you just had a baby 2 weeks ago!!! Keep the pictures of your beautiful girl coming and the updates I love them!!!

Rob said...

yeah, don't worry...babies are like that. they can make you pretty frustrated. they can't communicate well, so it's tough to know what is going on. but being tired out is definitely part of the game. you'll find time to get sleep though. but it's like kristi said, it could just be a spurt or some kind of short phase. they are a blessing, like you said, even when they are wearing you out.

Anonymous said...

Ethan did that frequently so I wouldn't worry...I am sure she's just growing! I'm also sure you'll get used to everything soon. You're doing great!

Julia said...

haha, i am so glad that you are loving motherhood. i will cross my fingers that kailey gets back on track with eating and sleeping so you can get some rest. remember to use your mother for help! i am sure she'd love to watch her while you nap.
i just read this article about things you can do to help them calm down, the link is: http://www.whattoexpect.com/photogallery/soothing-baby/landing.aspx?p=1 . i have no idea if it will help, but maybe worth the look.
let me know! :)