Sunday, January 10, 2010

I love 2 year olds

Kailey and I have been having some wonderful conversations latley.


Last night I was sitting on the couch, Kailey was in the "office" room playing and getting into trouble, but I was tired and didnt want to see what she was destroying, so I ignored the fact that she was in there being a little TOO quiet.

Then all of a sudden she struts out to me (and if you have ever seen a Kailey strut you know what I mean ... there are arms swinging, and hips going and she means buissness) so she struts up to me and tells me very matter-of-factly ....

" babble babble babble .. elmo ... babble babble ... cheeeese ... blah blah blah .... lights ... babble blah babble blah .... yellow ... blah blah blah .... aaaa baaa di das ... .... then there was a pointed pause where she looked at me like I was supposed to respond to that profound statement. I found it impossible to say anything at that moment, so I just smilied.
She stuck out her little lips and said ... " mmmmmmm .... yes"

I would really love to invent a toddler translator so i could know what the heck she is talking about on days like that. Anyone with more kids than me have a translation?? so far I think she was saying something like " mama, lets get a snack of cheese and watch some elmo, and while we are at it, lets turn on those christmas lights .... oh and get me my yellow (her blankie) um yes that sounds like a plan"

I love 2 year olds.

No comments: