Monday, May 26, 2008

Sorry about the frustration on the last post .. I may or may not have been a little cranky at the time. But onto better things!!

Kailey is almost 3 months old now and she is getting so funny, she has enough personality for about 5 babies and I am really enjoying getting to know her more and more everyday. I wish I could read her mind and figure out what she is thinking, it is so much fun to play with her everyday. I am really glad that Davis and I are in a position right now that I can stay home with her, I hope it stays that way!!!!



I just want to say I love my Dad .....
** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
On a completley unrelated topic, but something I have been thinking about a bit this past week, I seem to be hearing about alot of young married couples getting divorced latley. This makes me really sad. Davis and I know a couple that is about our age, they have 2 young girls, we used to hang out with them in Ontario when we lived there. ( i am only writting about them because they dont read this blog i dont think and none of the people that do read it know them ) Anyway we just found out that they got divorced ... what the heck?? We have also been hearing about other people our age doing the same thing, inside and outside the church ... I really dont want to offend anyone reading this, because things happen in relationships and I understand that. It just really makes me think, how does a young couple so inlove get married inthe temple have kids together buy a house and all that and then less than 4 years later decide that they arent in love anymore??? what happens within that 4 year period??
Like I said before I dont want to offend anyone reading this it just really makes me gratful for Davis and makes me more aware that you can never take your realtionship lightley, marriage isnt nessisarily hard work but it is definetly constant work. Its so heart-breaking to hear stuff like that about your friends, especially when they have kids. My heart really goes out to those little girls.
** ** ** ** ** ** **
Anyway on a MUCH lighter note, Davis won that 50" TV !!! we are so excited to get that when we get home!! We are also planning on buying a new couch when we get back, we have the one we want picked out on line and everything, makes me even more excited to come home! Only 3 more months and I will be back!!!
** ** **
And for the Canadian - Mormons reading this, wasnt Stake Conferance broadcast awesome??? I am so glad that we have a prophet, he is such a great guy eh?? Just love him!!
Well that is all for this post, I will take more pictures for the next one, but Davis and I always have new videos of Kailey on face book so check her out there, she is so dang cute.;)

3 comments:

Let the party begin... said...

First of all Congrats to you both on the tv. I can't think of two people who deserves it more. Secondly, I think a lot of your father. He has so many admirable qualities. I am so glad Darren and I had the opportunity to get to know him more over the years. Thirdly, I totally understand the whole laptop thing. If it wasn't for the fact that we paid for it and it wouldn't matter if I threw it out, it would have been gone already. I too loved conference. It was great to hear our prophet speak so highly of Canadians among other things. I don't think what you said about divorce is offensive in anyway. It is very sad to see things like this happen, especially when you knew that at one time they were in love as you are with Davis. It is an unfortunate sign of the times. On a happier note, Kailey is so adorable. It's no wonder you're so in love with her.

Anonymous said...

Definately not offensive...I'm a child of divorce and it is hard. And marriage isn't always a picnic but what can you do. Nobody ever said it would be easy!! Congrats on the tv!

Julia said...

i can't believe that she is 3 months old. i feel like it was just yesterday when karen and i came to the hospital for our first peek. time flies when you're having fun. i can't wait for her and baby b to be friends.
oh, congrats on the tv. who doesn't love winning free stuff?!