Sunday, October 21, 2007

venting and also amazment

So this weekend was stake conferance, pretty fun, lots of food, folks and fun! Although I feel the need to vent maybe just a little bit. Why is it that people feel the need to touch a pregnant belly. ? ... I mean dont get me wrong, if I know you and we are friends, touch away, i dont care..!! but there are people who I dont know all that well, other than their name, and the first thing they do when they saw me this weekend was to reach out and poke me in the stomach... not only does it kind of hurt, but its kind of awkward.... some people also see it as an invitation to tell me horror stories of their own pregnancy, and to give me advice about pregnancy.
well meaning Im sure, but kind of awkward if I dont know you.

ok im done venting, sorry about that guys, chances are if you are reading this, i dont mind you touching my belly.

It was really good to see alot of you over the weekend though! I have decided that I dont hang out with people nearly enough. Davis is busy with studying during the week, but we decided to be more social from now on, we are going to try to plan some type of get together sometime soon, so hopefully everyone can come ..... ... to whatever it is that we do.......

can i also say that i am really impressed with Karens Thank-you cards??? holy cow, I dont know how she had the patience to do all of those by hand... that is a talent for sure!

5 comments:

The Bing's said...

awww thanks for the shout out...I really appreciate it...they were a lot of work, but they are so worth it. I feel that a blog is okay to vent on...I'm glad I fall under the friend category so I can touch the tummy but I promise I will try not to, too much..but I have to say you are looking GREAT!!!! Let us know about any get togethers because we also are working on being more social...hahha Love you!!!

Claudine said...

Karen is dang talented. Jealousy isn't the correct word for me to say how I totally wish I was even remotely that talented.
As for the belly thing. TELL ME ABOUT IT!! It was so annoying, and I actually stopped a lot of people. I'm ok if you ask me first, but just doing it...not that big of a fan. I know how you feel and I promise not to touch the belly, since I have NO clue when I'll see you again. Maybe at Christmas? One can only hope. The advice and the horror stories were the worst. That or that person who was always "oh my pregnancy was so easy. I wasn't sick at all" or the one that "I love being pregnant". I HATED IT!! Doesn't mean I won't do it again, but I really got confused with the advice. If I want it I'll ask. Look at me! I'm venting in my comment! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I just remember feeling that exact way, and I'm sorry you're going through it. Hope the rest of the pregnancy is a breeze and I miss you terribly!

Julia said...

ya know what, i purposly made a point not to touch your tummy. i was talking to kristi about it once (i think it was her) and i was like...i don't know if i want people in my personal space!!! and plus, it's not like you're big yet, so it's still like...all you, not really a big baby in your belly, you know, so it's very personal to go up and touch someone like that. i am going to just wear a sign that says piss off!

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with the belly thing. I hated randoms poking my stomach...and telling horror stories. I had an excellent labour! There's a good story for you. It was smooth and not as bad as I thought it would be. Hope yours is the same!

Kristi Drennan said...

I was the same way about my belly! Totally fine if we're friends but if not give me my hoola hoop space! The worse was when I wasn't even showing and some lady felt it...like you're just feeling my belly fat right now! Oh and people always tell you the worst stuff! snile...whoops I mean smile and nod! (or snile whatever works!)