Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tender Mercies.

(If you didnt read the last post ... scroll down and read it.... this wont make any sense otherwise)

After I wrote that post yesterday, I went to bed feeling very sorry for myself. I layed down and tried to fall asleep, and then Tala woke up ... so I got her out of bed and took her to the rocking chair to feed her before putting her back down.

As I sat there I saw my i-pod sitting on the dresser next to me, so I reached out and grabbed it. Can I first just mention that I LOVE technology. I mean, on my ipod I have all the scriptures, the hymns, the lesson manuals, the general conferance talks, everything! Its the Gospel Library app, its free and it rocks. Its awesome. ANYWAY, i went to the general conferance talks and "just so happened" to first click on the talk by Julie Beck (love her)

It was like her talk was meant for me specifically.

It may as well have been titled, " Dear Kristine ... listen up"

If you dont remember that talk ... PLEASE go and read it!!!

I am planning on reading it and studying it a few more times over the rest of the week, but so far what I have gotten out of it is this ...

** There arent enough hours in the day for me to do everything I want to do for as long as I want to do it for ... so GET OVER IT.... make it work. Take care of the most important things first and worry about everything else later.

** I NEED revelation. period. These are daughters of God that I am raising. With His help I cant go wrong.

** Even when i try my best and do everything that I can. I am still going to have dissapointments it life , but I dont have to be dissapointed in myself.


** so much more, I am excited to really study this talk out and find more!


Awesome talk ... EXACTLY what I needed to hear, right when I needed to hear it.

No matter how far away I am from home, I am always able to get help from Heaven and I love that.

Good night world, tonight I am going to bed feeling alot better.

ps- Kailey went to bed with out screaming tonight, it was nice to have her back to her old self again. Hopefully she is back to stay.


6 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks Kristine... we all need to hear that once in a while. I think my time is right now. Thanks for sharing and I am glad you feel better!

Let the party begin... said...

Well done Kristine...sure wish I had your common sense back when I was raising my girls!

Arseneault Family said...

I just read BOTH your posts Kristine!! I've been wondering how you were doing.

As a Mother that has been there - we had 3 children 3yrs., 2yrs. and newborn. Then when our 4th died and we were in heavy grief but still had to care for active 7,6 and 3 yr. olds, it was overwhelming!!

But true, the "tender mercies of the Lord" are AMAZING!!! He truly knows our every need and miracles happen all around us to show us we can do SOOOOO much with his love and help!!

When Isoefa died, many friends stepped up out of nowhere to help care for our kids so we could cry and rest - it seemed miraculous!!

I truly didn't have time for much when the kids were all babies at once. Sleep was beyond deprived. But we gave that time to them and now, WOW! They are growing and time for me is coming back. I just didn't think it would happen but it did!! As they grow older, it does get easier to balance...PROMISE!!

Enjoy these baby times and don't worry about anything else!! These baby times go by too quickly. I took advantage of every moment but I would still LOVE to have my babies back!! They are ADORABLE as babies!!

Also, accept help from anyone! Don't isolate yourself - say yes, yes, yes to offered help because you're going through significant changes right now. (new baby, new place, new job!) Kailey needs reassurance right now that you love her and that's why she's acting out - nice to know she's "normal", eh?? But you can't give her reassurance if you don't have something to give. So, enjoy help when you can get it and if no one is offering, ASK!!! (just like you are now!! ;)

I wish Ottawa was in the picture for you guys - I would have come up on my own for sure!! *sigh* But I guess Lord had other special plans for you!!

I was in Rome with a 2yr. old and 1 yr. old and pregnant with a high risk pregnancy. No one to help. (passport office's on strike - mom couldn't come!:( It has HARD but it was AMAZING to learn what I could do on my own. I wasn't perfect - far from it - but I came back a stronger women and so will you!! The best thing I learned was how much André and I could do together as a couple!! (he had to make a lot of sacrifices too to help me with the kids)

The Lord shows us who we are in the funniest ways!! You and Davis are doing GREAT from what we can see over here!! Keep it up and keep doing your best - the Lord will provide the rest!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Arseneault Family said...

"google" told me my comment was too large to process!! lol! so, i thought it didn't work - but it looks like it did! (i hope anyways!)

AmandaMarieSmith1 said...

The Lord sent a tender mercy to me as a sister by taking care of you; your first post was hurting me. I'm not there to help you like I should be ;( I'm so glad someone is there watching out for you.

I promise to take the girl(s) and/or Daivs (or some combination thereof haha) off your hands when we're back in NS so that you can have some free time to do whatever you need... no whatever you want.

Love you sis :)

AmandaMarieSmith1 said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbYLKVgwztY