Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sleepless in ..... cole harbour

This used to be me ......... ...........


I used to be able to sleep like this.
Anywhere, any time, any position or amount of noise.
I think I got it from being a flight attendant, doing crazy night flights, and long long long flights, I had to be able to sleep anywhere and weird hours, in weird places (including in the galley of the plane)
Davis would get so frustrated when we would get in bed at night and 2 minutes later I was fast asleep, and out cold all night. Or if we were watching a movie together and I would fall asleep 10 minutes into the movie and then he was stuck watching it alone. poor Davis.
Since those days, I have gone soft.
It started with being pregnant with Kailey, she kicked me all night long and I couldnt sleep. Then came the no sleep nights of her waking up all the time. Even after she started sleeping better, I seemed to wake up alot at night ... no idea why, AND it would take me alot longer to fall asleep.
Now that I am preggo again, I can't seem to turn my brain off long enough to fall asleep. I am also having weird messed up dreams that wake me up and keep me up thinking about how weird they were.
So now I am the one laying in bed awake while I listen to Davis sleeping peacefully.
Does anyone have any tips that actually work to help me sleep?????? HELP!
Other than that pregnancy is going well. The tummy is starting to poke its way out further and further all the time, it might be time to dig out the maternity wear, because even my fat pants are starting to feel a little snug, and I can't just wear pjs ALL the time (as much as I want to)
I should be about 3 months now. 6 more to go!!!

1 comment:

Caverly Smith said...

I'm the way you were. I can sleep anywhere, anytime.. and want to! I walk home from work and it seems like I can't muster the energy to do simple household chores. Lots of times I take a nap after dinner to last the rest of the night! Things that make me fall asleep: hot baths, a massage, long car rides, and reading the scriptures. Nathan likes warm milk. Hope you sleep better!