Wednesday, November 11, 2009

As I went through my remembrance day today, it feels alot differant than last year.
I have always felt sad about that young people that have died at war, I read their stories on the news, I see their pictures, and probably like most of you, continue on with my day. Grateful for their service and sacrifice, but nonetheless I continue on with my day.
A few months ago, my little brother Peter signed him self up for the Canadian Military. He is currently in basic training in Quebec.
.
Now when I see those pictures on the news I find it a little harder to just continue on with my day.
I find it hard to hold back the tears, not because I am afraid for Peter (I might be alittle bit) but because those wonderful people are loved by parents, siblings, friends, spouses, children.
Now when I see those pictures, I feel a small taste of their pain, and I hope I never have to taste all of it.
.
This year I have remembered, a little bit more than usual, the sacrifice that was made, and the sacrifice that is being made today as I sit here in the comfort of my safe, warm home.



To them I say Thank-you.

To my brother I say, I love you, and thank-you for being willing to make that sacrifice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OKAY!! I was trying to avoid thinking about that to much yesterday, and tried very hard to hold that in.
So that isn't helping, but I love you anyway XOXO