Sunday, January 27, 2008


Baby shower!

We just had a baby shower at JJs place on saturday! It was so much fun, and really got me excited for buying more baby stuff after the little "rib kicker" is born ! There were lots of pictures taken but in most of them I have a really weird look on my face for some reason ... i always do that, which makes me wonder if I always have a strange look on my face or is it only when I know a camera is pointing at me? oh well. So glad so many of you could come and for anyone who didnt come we are going to have another baby party after the baby is born! A "zero birthday" if you will. so you are all definetly invited to come to that and come meet the baby.
Only 3 more weeks until the baby is due and I really cant wait to see this kid! Some days I think its a boy and other days I think its a girl, but most days I really have no idea. I am also excited to see wether it will look more white or more polynesian .. should be interesting!
Also a question for the girls with new babys ... I am getting my stuff ready for the 'hospital bag' do you guys have any suggestions about what to put in there? I have all the basic stuff that i will need but just from experiance what would you girls suggest?

5 comments:

Kristiane said...

Well...I would love to help you out with your Hospital bag...but I really have no idea :) Sadly my life does not lean towards babies these days. Congrats on the Baby Shower...I really wish I could have been there! Make sure to take lots of pictures to send once the baby is born!!!

Jessica Petersen said...

Hey, thanks for inviting me to your shower, you got some good stuff! A few suggestions on the hospital bag: keep it light, I personally either slept the whole time, or fed Elle or visited with visitors. The things I considered a must was a phone card to call family & friends long distance, a list of people to call with their phone numbers, a few dollars because you have to pay daily for use of the phone and TV if you want it. And most importantly a CAMERA! And I suppose it wouldn't hurt to bring a medium sized trash bag to put any gifts in. Luke also brought his laptop and DVDs to pass the time while I slept... and slept... and slept. Let us all know when he/she comes! I'm excited to see a new baby! Yaay! We should hang out soon.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I couldn't make it to the shower...I was bummed! Hospital bad...the usual post baby stuff...comfy pants...camera...batteries...cash, other than that I just watched tv and chilled!! I didn't use most of the stuff I brought!

Julia said...

well, i would like to give you some hospital bag pointers, but sarry, i would have no idea!
still super sorry i didnt make it to your shower, but i am excited for the baby's birthday party!
you must be getting so excited. i am jumping around for you.
keep us posted. little baby could come any day really...well not likely, but still.

Kristi Drennan said...

OOOOH Exciting times!! I wasn't in the hospital very long (24 hours) so I felt like I had WAY over packed stuff but you really can't predict how long you'll be there but one thing that made me feel the most happy and secure was that I took my own pillow with a fresh pillow case. Just gave me comfort. Now...get that baby out! Get on the red raspberry tea and bounce on a yoga ball. That's what I did and I went ten days early...despite all of the "it's never gonna happen" claims I received! Hee Hee!!