Sunday, March 1, 2009

One year of being a Mama .....
- Mother-hood has sucked the selfishness right out of me, she always comes first and always will.
- Mother-hood has taught me what Christ-like love is, I will always love her and die for her no matter what she does or doesnt do.
- Mother-hood has taught me gratitude, I am gratful for every moment with her.
- Mother-hood has taught me patience, I am far more patient than I thought I was, but I have also learned that I have a limit.
- Mother-hood has taught me to prioritize, reading books comes before dishes. Playing games comes before laundry, singing songs comes before cleaning the bathroom. House work will ALWAYS be there to do, kailey will only have a childhood one time, I am determined to take advantage of every moment with her.
- Mother-hood has taught me that I can do a surprising amount of things while holding a baby in one arm, that list currently includes things like, brushing my teeth, doing my hair and make-up, making dinner, cleaning the house, grocery shopping, folding a doing laundry ... the list grows everyday
- Mother-hood has taught me to watch myself, Kailey watches and copies everything I do. It is for this reason that I want to always be calm and happy around her so that she will be aswell.
- Mother-hood has taught me how important the gospel really is. It takes a village to raise a child, I would rather she be raised in a village of love and support and faith, than in the world where greed, selfishness and hatred are free.
- I have learned more about myself this past year than I knew in the past 24 previous years, how can I love such a tiny thing so much? How can I be so interested in the little things she does? How can I totally forget anything of myself and be so focused on her every whim ... yet I am happier than i ever have been?




She has been my greatest teacher so far in life. there are so many other lessons that I have learned and many more that I am learning everyday. I am so glad that she chose to come and be in my family, and I pray everyday that I am worthy to be her Mommy.
xo xo xo I love you Birthday girl xo xo xo




9 comments:

The Bing's said...

what a beautiful post... definitely something she will love to read when she is big enough to read!! Happy Birthday Kailey and Happy First Year of Being a Mommy! Kailey is one lucky girl!!! Hope you guys had a wonderful day together!!!!

Kellie said...

That was so sweet. What a wonderful thing for her to look back on when she's older. What a great Mom you are!

I liked your pic of you holding her after she was born... I'm starting to feel how wonderful it will be to have a little one to love unconditionally... I can't wait until they put him into my arms & I finally get to meet him!

p.s. Happy B'day to Kailey!

Anonymous said...

What a nice post; Kailey will love it when she is older. Every few months I write a letter to Hunter and put them in his scrapbook. There eally is nothing better than being a Mom! Happy Birthday Kailey!

Let the party begin... said...

That was so lovely! I can't believe Kailey is one year old already. This is a wonderful tribute to this time in your family's life. I can only imagne the oodles of love and attention that beautiful girl of yours will receive on her special day.

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Motherhood definately teaches you a lot and helps your prioritize. Happy Birthday Kailey and happy first year of being a mommy!

Julia said...

happy bday to kailey!!!
your are a wonderful momma. she is so lucky to have you.

Anonymous said...

I love your post. Happy Birthday Kailey! You list of how many things you can do while holding a baby was great. Enjoy your first baby's first birthday!

Channynba said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAILEY...I can't believe that is has been a year already.

Unknown said...

beautiful post sweet girl. The best part about reading this post and watching you be such a great Mom. Is that you now, know how much I love you! What a wonderful blessing that is. Love my girls! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXO