Friday, February 6, 2009

I have largely ignored my creative side over the past few years, so recently I decided to get back intouch with her and see if she was still kicking around. I dont know if she is or not, but I somehow got the great idea to make an entire new set for Kaileys room. ... Really I dont know what I was thinking but it seemed like a good idea when I started, half way through I found that I was in WAY over my head as I didnt even know how to make a quilt so I enlisted the help of my dear cousin and master of the sewing machine, Julia.

She had me over a few times and showed me what I needed to do. THANK_YOU JULIA!!!!!

Anyway, here is what I came up with......




It started off so inocently with curtains for her window and also for her closet door
I made a "rag quilt" which was really easy for someone like me!!


Bumper pad and quilt together.... feels good to be done finally!!

A close up of the main fabric in the room. Green with lighter green, peach, pink and yellow polka dots.



This bumper pad was my nemisis today. I made it in one long 4 meter length for some reason .... blaahhhhhh ... I was getting pretty frustrated today with this thing ... but its done now and I am patting my self on the back.
next time I have a baby, some one remind me to just buy a crib set instead of making one.




9 comments:

The Super Seven said...

All the projects look great!!!! I have a sewing machine that could use some more love, but I just can't seem to find the time nor do I have any energy these days. Hopefully after the new baby I'll get craftier......maybe we just need some craft days......the kids can run wild and we can play!!!! Can't wait to see more pictures of other projects that you'll do....

Anonymous said...

It's so cute though! I love the colors you chose. I considered making my own but I just loved the one I ended up buying so much. You should let the creative girl out more often!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job! Her room looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

Great job!! It all looks great and the colours so so cute.

Julia said...

good job kristine. her room is so cute. i am sure she'll appreciate it for years to come.
how long did it take you to make the quilt? i hate making those things because of all of the cutting. i am sort of impatient tho!

Kristi Drennan said...

Looks awesome!!!

todd and ashley said...

The set looks completely adorable, nice work. Way cuter than store bought!

Let the party begin... said...

I think you have found the creative side of you again. Kailey's room look fabulous.

The Bing's said...

Wow the talent oozing from this blog... I am way impressed in the skill for your first time sewing everything any little girl would be luck to have such a fun room!!! Toooo cute!!!